As global warming is increasing, human beings are becoming more and more concerned about the earth and focusing on its impact on the environment. Toward a decarbonized society, companies need to take environmental factors, including the prevention of global warming, into account in their business development strategies.
Ampere Time is a company that specializes in LiFePO4 batteries.
Compared with lead acid battery, what exactly is the difference between LiFePO4?
► Lead acid batteryThe lead acid battery is a battery that uses lead for the negative electrode, lead dioxide for the positive electrode and dilute sulfuric acid for the electrolyte. Lead acid battery has a history of more than 100 years and is mainly used as a battery for automobiles and backup power. In addition, disaster prevention, precautionary systems, and solar energy systems are also in use.
（1）The advantages of lead acid battery
- Excellent discharge performanceWith proprietary five-element alloy plates and specially treated plate grids, low internal resistance and high discharge current of up to 10 times the rated capacity of the battery can be achieved.
- Low priceLead acid batteries are relatively inexpensive due to their low production cost.
（2）The disadvantages of lead acid battery
- Weight troubleThe price of lead acid batteries is relatively cheaper than LiFePO4 batteries, but it is heavier than LiFePO4 batteries. When going out, such as camping and fishing, it is too heavy and inconvenient for a lot of people.
- Charging problemWhen using lead acid batteries, you will often have the feeling of running out of power in a few hours. In the process of repeated charging and discharging, the performance will also gradually decline. Lead acid batteries are generally within 400 times of deep charging and discharging, and their life span is about two years, with a shorter lifespan.
- Environmental worriesThe raw material of lead acid batteries is lead, and it is easy to cause environmental load problems when it is abandoned.
The LiFePO4 battery is one kind of lithium-ion battery using lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) as the cathode material and graphite as the negative electrode material. It is ideal for a wide range of use scenarios, including solar systems, RVs, campers, and off-grid applications.
（1）The advantages of LiFePO4 battery
- High capacity and lightweightThe lithium-ion energy density is higher and the battery is lighter. Therefore, the same capacity of LiFePO4 batteries are about 60% lighter than lead acid batteries. The weight reduction makes the use of lighter, and the endurance has also improved.
- Environmental friendlyLiFePO4 battery mainly materials lithium, carbon, manganese, nickel, cobalt and other substances on the environmental load is very low, which is a green battery lithium battery.
- Long cycle life
The cycle life of LiFePO4 batteries is about four times that of lead acid batteries. Lead acid battery is about 300-500 cycles, but LiFePO4 battery is for about 2000-4000 cycles. Besides, LiFePO4 battery also has a good charge and discharge characteristics.
► Comparison of our LiFePO4 battery and traditional lead acid battery
Lead Acid Battery
|Cycle life||Number of cycles of 80% discharge||500 times||6000 times||6000 times|
|-||Total Capacity in 10 years (Ah)||35200Ah||700000Ah||1400000Ah|
|-||Cycle life（Year）||3 Years||10 Years||10 Years|
|Cost||Sales price (excluding tax)
|-||the cost in one year（After 5 years using）||$1704.63||$63.56||$144.16|
|-||Cost reduction rate||-||66% reduction||75% reduction|
|-||Water operation and management||NEED||